Wednesday 23 June 2021

Step Softy and Hopefully





I am saying this very carefully, but after two days there are no signs of the magpies.

This is written so as not to offend anyone in the bird world. But….No magpies for two full days.

I planted the marigolds. The bags  are blowing and the CDs and tinfoil are glinting.

To get your head on straight as a woman, it’s interesting to hear how others (I mean men) would deal with the situation. One nice couple told me you have to kill one and leave it laying where they congregate. The others get the message and do not return. Can’t see myself in that role.

Two men on separate occasions told of how they fixed the problem with a shotgun. Not only did they kill more than one, but the offensive birds never returned.

Nnnnn…yikes.

The upside is that within a short time of their departure the smaller birds returned. I tried to post a video so you could hear the little birds singing but couldn’t make it work. Joy to my ears and the world! Keep your fingers crossed!


No comments: